1. Emergency and Medical Assistance & Pre-Authorisation (24 hour) Helpline
If You require any of the following whilst on a Trip You must ring Our Nominated Emergency
Assistance Service on the telephone number provided below for Pre-Authorisation before seeking
any of the following treatment, services and/or supplies:
- You incur, or are likely to incur, costs in excess of £500/€600/$750 (currency is determined
by the currency in which your premium was paid) (If You are unsure, always check with Your Medical
Practitioner, Hospital or Medical Provider before incurring any costs
- You go into Hospital or clinic as an In-Patient or Day-Patient,
- Out-Patient Surgery - Second Surgical Opinion
- CAT, PET and MRI Scans
- Incurring charges for Emergency medical evacuation/repatriation
- Incurring charges for Emergency Natural Disaster, Political and Security Evacuation
- Incurring charges for travel arrangements or accommodation
- Incurring charges of cremation, burial or repatriation of Your remains
- Incurring Kidnap and Ransom Crisis Response Costs
- or if You wish to return Home earlier than Your original plans.
Failure to follow the Pre-Authorisation process before incurring any costs may result in Your claim
being denied in part or in full.
If You have not obtained Pre-Authorisation in respect the above treatments, services
and/or supplies from Our Nominated Emergency Assistance Service, We reserve the right to
deny Your claim under this section or apply substantial co-payments from You to a maximum of
50% of the covered costs.
Emergency 24Hr Medical Assistance & Pre-Authorisation Helpline
Global Response Assistance
24 Hours / 365 Days A Year
Refer to How To Make A Claim Section & 24/7 Emergency Medical Helpline & Assistance Service
Tel (UK) : +44 (0) 2920 468794
Fax (UK) : +44 (0) 2920 468797
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Response may be contacted at any time, should You require advice or assistance regarding all
When contacting Global Response the following details must be provided:
- The Insured Person’s name, location and details (including passport/visa etc).
- The Insured Person’s Employer, Company or Organisation.
- The Certificate of Insurance number and Period of Insurance shown on the Certificate of Insurance.
- The name and phone number of the doctor and Hospital treating the Insured Person.
- The telephone or facsimile number on which You or Your representatives can be contacted.
- Your address abroad.
- The Period of Insurance shown on the Certificate of Insurance.
- The nature of the emergency and/or medical problem.
In the event of an Emergency or emergency admission, please do not delay obtaining Emergency treatment,
but You should not attempt to find Your own solution and then expect full reimbursement from the
Underwriters without prior approval first having been obtained from Our Nominated Emergency Assistance
Service, except where emergency medical treatment is required urgently to save life or limb and in
which case Our Nominated Emergency Assistance Services must be notified immediately and in any
event within 48 hours from the Emergency.
In the event that liability cannot be established at the outset of an Emergency it is agreed that the
first named insured will guarantee payment until such time that liability can be accepted by Underwriters.
Medical Assistance Services provided by the team:
- 24 hour Service - Access to multi-lingual co-ordinators through the emergency telephone lines
operating 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The co-ordinators are trained in worldwide hospital procedures.
- Evacuation Services - Evacuation or repatriation can be arranged, depending on the circumstances, by air
ambulance or scheduled airline and if medically necessary attended by a fully equipped medical team.
- Medical Staff - A qualified team of Doctors and Nurses are on hand to ensure that the most appropriate medical
treatment is provided, with access to medical consultants.
- Direct Billing - Direct billing with hospitals will be arranged where possible, removing the
cost and inconvenience of using personal cash or credit card.
2. Non-Emergency Medical and Non-Medical Claims
For non-emergency medical claims other than as stated above and elsewhere in this Policy, You should
contact Our appointed Claims Handler below requesting a claim form and then, within 30 days of the date of
occurrence, forward to them the completed, signed and dated claims form along with full details and proof of
the claim to them at the following address.
Global Response Claims
Monday - Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm (UK Local Time) (Outside of these hours voicemail service)
Refer to How To Make A Claim Section
Tel (UK) : +44 (0) 2920 474239
Fax (UK) : +44 (0) 2920 468797
e-mail : email@example.com
24 hour online On-line claims form request & non-emergency claims registration
Web : www.grclaims.com/claimsform/voyager
Address : Global Response Ltd, Travel Claims Dept. Regus House, Falcon Road, Cardiff, CF10 4RU, United Kingdom
Claims forms will be sent once contact is made (unless You have downloaded and submitted Your claim online).
If You encounter any issues with this process You should contact the insurance intermediary who sold You the
Policy (whose details will appear on correspondence sent to You). The insurance intermediary will be able
to assist You with making the claim and any further issues that may arise